I am a freelance people communication specialist and have been working with charities, not-for-profit and Higher Education organisations since 2003. I am a certified member of the Institute of Internal Communications (CIIC) and a member of CharityComms.
I work with you to quickly gain an understanding of your organisation and what you are trying to achieve. Then I look at how effective communication can help you to do that, make recommendations and assist you in implementing them.
Ways in which I have already helped organisations like yours include:
- Devising and delivering internal communications strategies and plans
- Conducting communications audits – what works, what doesn’t and what’s missing
- Running focus groups and carrying out one-to-one interviews to gather opinions and involve people in developing new programmes of work
- Reporting on my findings and making recommendations for next steps
- Delivering tailored communications training workshops
- Building strong, trusting relationships with people at all levels to inspire involvement in effective communication
- Writing business plans, funding applications and other types of compelling copy